The invisible rules our worldMentorKraft
Our neurology has this extremely valuable capability to take one learning and apply it to multiple situations. This is a natural process of our sub conscious mind. It’s a natural system of our brain to constantly automate processes, there by dispelling them from our consciousness; in this way, its work will be completed faster, more effectively and at a lower metabolic level. All good change work rely on this ability of the neurology to replicate leaning in a specific context to various context. This process is called generalisation.
Recent study from the neuroscience suggests that when we learn the universe changes too, the connections with our neurons reconfigure and the whole world is a tiny bit different as a result. Newton’s law of every action has an equal and opposite reaction comes to life with this logic in our daily lives too. What we sow so shall we reap said over by all sages and gurus found its roots in science as well.
Each learning is automated to ease the working of our entire system and hence becomes hard wired, which then becomes difficult to change as we grow. Essentially the journey is all about maps, new experiences, creating new maps and neuro patters. So the way we walk, talk, interact, read emails, and manage our staff is for most part deeply hard-wired and therefore habitual. Our habits are literally unconscious to us; we don’t have in mind what we are doing. In another way most people think that the way they work is perhaps the best or is the only way they can work, they are unconscious much of their workday.
Hence we are all deeply hard wired to how we work and live our lives, our lives are ruled by our hard wiring. An executive coach is currently applying a whole new approach to create something new and make the business of life more productive and meaningful. The title hence aptly concludes that invisible rules our world and not us.
What steps can any individual take to seek the ultimate help from its own sub- conscious?
- Don’t worry of old habits create new ones: I remember the emirates airlines tag line “ when was the last time you did something for the first time”. This is a masterpiece of neuro art (if I may call it) as it pushes the mind to create the new maps and circuits for automation each time every time. Creation of new maps increases our metabolic rate but also registers the new way of doing something, so the next time a situation occurs the brain registers that there are options available to handle this and not just the way I have been working or thinking. As my teacher ones told me “ I don’t mind you making mistakes as long as they are the new ones”. We may need to solve problems not by removing he cause but by designing the new way forward even if the cause remains the same – “Edward de bono”
- Intentions needs a new way: The cognitive science states that our brain is so structured that it just wants to be comfortable with the old as it does not want to put any new ways which may cause harm to the body in any way. The only KRA / KPI of the neurology is to ensure that our body is not harmed and hence any minutest of change in its intention or judgment is faced with resistance. Hence teams and organizations face many challenges and hurdles in achieving big, hairy audacious goals that they set out to attain. In all cases the RTPJ (Right Tempro Parital Junction) which is responsible for judgments is active and engaged in judgment of right/wrong (based on hard wiring, past impressions etc), even now your mind is engaged in analyzing whether this article is making sense or not. This tendency is based again on installations of patters in the sub-conscious done over years. Ancient impulses, relic from primo past also plays a critical role on our intention as the EMIGDULA again raises an alarm and releases dopamine and adrenalin to shut down the process of change which is in tune with your current hard wiring. The good news is all this can change with creating new ways of living and I will list out the TOP 3
- Tap the power of your sub conscious every morning when you get up with list not more than 7 specific goals and read them quietly in your mind.
- You need to ensure 100% accuracy in what you seek and hence they need to be as specific as possible. Eg: I want a BMW car which has two door, red in color with white seat cover etc etc
- The above is important as the sub conscious is very sweet and simple person, it does not understand anything else except the command you give, so be specific and clear.
- Secret of guidance: the secret of right action is to mentally devote yourself to the right answer, until you find the response in you. The Upanishad states ‘ that in the womb of very question lies the answer’. The response is a feeling, an inner awareness, and overlapping gut or intuition where you would know what you know. One cannot make possibly fail or make one false step while operating under the subjective wisdom within you. The inner guide which is ultimate to all being in this planet and elsewhere is a feeble voice and hence alertness and awareness is of prime importance and we call get the voice each time we need to activate the think tank within us.
I would welcome views and comments on this article with the hope that we can together make this article stir up the minds of leaders to enhance the feedforward, solution based scenarios in business of life. I am hopeful and excited that perhaps many additions and ideas can help all readers of this article to suite and create their respective way of working in make organizations and its individuals more productive and future ready. Please do help me share this article with your friends and groups.
My time dedicated to your success.